Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Prawnie Cravings Fulfilled!

Recently, I suddenly felt like eating Shang Har Meen (Fresh Water Prawn noodle). Blame it on the baby in my womb! A friend suggested to go to Pan Heong in Batu Caves and looking at the great reviews on the net, it must be really nice. I remember going to Green View Restaurant some years back and had this unforgettable Shang Har Meen. Well, me being the less adventurous type when it comes to food hunting, prefer somewhere nearer and more familiar. So finally last Saturday, my cravings was fulfilled. My hubby, daughter and my brother-in-law went to Green View Restaurant in SS2 for dinner especially on my request. My sister was kind enough to bring my boys and her own kids to McD for their dinner because I had promised the boys that we were going to McD that evening. With that arrangement, the rest of us happily proceeded for dinner escapade. 

The bill was a bit hefty. A plate of Shang Har Meen for 2 was RM78! There were 2 huge fresh water prawns, each sliced into 2 vertically. Plus my BIL's recommendation of fried baby squid and a plate of vege, the whole bill was RM136.53 for 3 adults. Well, it is not always that I can have such a treat, so it's ok. Here is a pic of the plate of mee.
The most famous dish in the Restaurant, this plate cost me RM78!

The neon lights cannot be missed as you turn towards SS2 from Sec. 17.
The restaurant was quite full at about 8 plus pm that night. And I noticed almost every table ordered this famous Shang Har Meen. The taste was very nice but my BIL said it seemed less delicious than normally.  I was stuffed really full because I had 1 whole big prawn (2 sides) and 2 helpings of mee and then I kept eating the fried squid because it was a huge plate. I was worried we wouldn't finish it so my hubby and I kept eating it. Didn't want the hassle of packing it back. The fried squid was slightly spicy so my daughter wouldn't eat it. She also just ate 2 tiny spoon of mee only, she is a picky eater. So basically it was us the adults eating only.

Overall, it was still pretty good for me. My hubby complained of headache the whole night and the next morning too. He has cholesterol problem so the squid and prawn combo could have been really bad for his cholesterol level. I told him that I was having the cravings and not him, he should have just sit and watch me eat! So when my next Shang Har Meen craving comes, we will just go back and order a single serving plate for myself and he can just watch me eat! :P

No comments: