Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gong Hei! Gong Hei!

CNY is just a few days away. I have done most of my shopping for new kids clothes and they have been pre-washed and are drying now. I couldn't find any nice cookies on sale this year, no colleagues were selling. So I finally decided to make some. For the last 2 nights, I have been slogging to bake my peanut cookies and green pea cookies. I will continue for one more night to make the ever so easy, cornflake + honey cookies and then I am done for this year. At least my MIL and my mother will have a few types of cookies from me. I still have some more shopping to do, buy mandarin oranges, buy bak kua (dried BBQ meat) and prawn crackers, part of the gifts to my MIL and mother. I do this every year... Angpow money is not prepared yet, I have yet to go to the bank to withdraw enough cash for all the angpows.


I will be going back to hometown again for CNY and probably stay 4 days while my hubby will come back earlier since he has to start work on the 3rd day of CNY, pathetic :(. Anyways, the boys are always super excited to go to their grandma's and are planning on getting more guppies home. Half the ones we brought home the last time have gone to heaven. And they want more....poor guppies.

Would most probably be too busy these few days for any blogging, so I take this opportunity to wish all of you out there a Happy and Prosperous New Year of the Dragon, "Long Ma Cheng San" and "Gong Hei! Gong Hei!"

No comments: