Friday, January 13, 2012

Chugging into 2012

Oh wow, it's yet another week and it's Friday the 13th today. Not that it is particularly significant but supposedly it is when creepy things happen. Oh well, I highly suspect nothing spectacular will be happening tonight. We must probably will call it a night early since the boys will need to rise early for a one day 'camp' organised by my hubby's company. Already I am pretty tired and it's just 8.30pm.

Anwar addressing supporters after his acquittal on 9th Jan 2012.
Let's do a recap as of happenings these 2 weeks before we start chugging into 2012. We have the very unexpected news about DSAI's acquittal last Monday. I had a feeling that he would be acquitted but most people predicted that he would be jailed! Anyway, it's happy news for the country as it finally made some sense. Not that I think our judiciary suddenly become independent but rather that the ruling government realised that jailing will be worse off for them.  Last I heard, the prosecutors would be appealing but has yet to be approved by the AG. I would think dropping the appeal altogether would be wiser move. Else any possible good vibes that was obtained from DSAI's acquittal will be nullified. I hope that all the drama and nonsense will be chucked away once and for all. Let the people decide on real issues affecting the well being of the people and the country instead of such trivial and disgusting matters.


Apart from that, the last I heard is that the poll will be not be as soon as we have thought. I would think that the PM will be wiser to call for election sooner rather than later since the positive effects from the BR1M money and DSAI's acquital are still fresh on people's minds. It would make very little difference to average Janes or Joes like us, I guess. Anyway, most people have got who they want to vote for already etched in their mind. Nothing will change their minds. It would be the fence sitters that both sides need to fight for. The fence sitters could very well tip the scales for either sides.


Enough of politics. Had Christmas cum CNY dinner with my colleagues yesterday at Fish Village in Semenyih. I think the food there was ok but not spectacular. The fishes were pretty nice and we ordered 3 styles. The bill came up to over RM21/pax, which is also oklah. I would hesistate to recommend to friends for the food alone but if they are looking for a different environment, it's pretty nice there with lakes all around. 


It's less then 2 weeks before CNY. I have got some new clothes for my daughter but haven't got anything for the boys yet. So will need more shopping within this period. No time for cookie making this year, probably just buy some. So much to do so little time. Need to do some serious shopping this weekend! I will stop for this entry, getting sleepy, nighty night.

No comments: