Friday, December 30, 2011

Bye bye 2011 and Hello 2012!

It's less than 2 days before the start of a brand new year, 2012! How did the year 2011 pass by? I am kinda still in a daze how did 2011 come and is almost gone. Let's take a look at what we have done for this year? Hmmm, erhhhh, I cannot really remember anything really significant. Of course everyone in the family is healthy and well, that's the best thing we can really have. Otherwise, everything is pretty normal, I don't really recall anything significant to tell. Hmmm, probably just one thing, that I dragged my hubby to join in the Bersih 2.0 rally, :P. That's a first and hopefully there will be no need to do any more of those.

I ended my last 2 days of work attending St. John's First Aid training, which was organised by the company. That's a cool way to end the year at work ;). Now I am certified to perform 1st aid for the next 3 years! It was a very good training for general knowledge and who knows when you may need those skills and knowledge we learned in the 2 days. It may make a difference to someone's life one day.

Meanwhile, we have no plans on how to celebrate the new year's eve. The girlfriends want to have a meeting at one of their homes but I am not sure if I should join them. Feel bad about leaving my hubby and kids at home on New Year's Eve. Need to check with my hubby first.

Since I have not much to talk about this year, maybe we could say something about next year which is just less than 2 days away.  The school is reopening in a few days. Since none of the kids are going for school for the 1st time, I am pretty sure they will cope fine. Besides, hubby is on leave (fixed company leave) on that day, so I will leave them in his hands. Importantly, a new baby is on the way in April, so that will change MANY things. Probably in mid next year, after my maternity, we will look for alternate arrangements like day care for the 2 elder kids since we have an additional baby in the family. I think I would also need some domestic help, maybe engage cleaners to come once a week to keep the house cleaner. Or even getting an iRobot? Getting a live-in maid is not something we want at all, if we can help it.

I also mentioned before about getting the boys to learn swimming, which I have yet to do anything. So in 2012, I must send them for swimming classes. For myself, I had better live healthier and really reduce my weight and encourage my hubby to do the same. We are middle aged people with young kids, we had better maintain a healthier lifestyle so that we can keep going until our kids are grown. Sounds terrifying.

The election will be sometime early next year, I hope some significant change will come to this country. And according to some predictions, Dec 2012 will be end of the world, so that may but most likely will not come true, :P. Well that I leave to the hands of God.

I hope 2012 will be a safe and great year for all of us with plenty of God's blessings upon all of you. However you are planning to usher in the new year, please keep safe. HAPPY NEW 2012.

No comments: