Friday, October 22, 2010

Not as easy as I thought

Friday and I am at home with the kids since my MIL has accompanied the FIL to the doctor's. They are napping, so I have time for some browsing. Checked my stocks, not making enough for me to sell :(. I have been holding on to some of them for awhile. Did not sell when I should so now is back to where it begun. Looks like it is not easy as I thought trying to make money from stocks. A few problems, do not know which to buy and when you do, you do not have lotsa money to invest. The volume you can afford to buy makes significant differences. If you buy more, you could sell in a shorter span of time to make some money. Otherwise, the gain is so small, it is hardly worth selling. So I just keep. Of course we can do margin but that would mean higher risks. I think I am too much of a greenhorn now to attempt margin for now.

Otherwise, there is REITs. That could be a good choice with regular payouts. Or there is also mutual fund. Gosh, looks like I need to do more research. This is all for this posting. I got more reading and thinking to do on this.

No comments: