Friday, October 29, 2010

Happenings around Us


Been busy at work since we are short handed. Expect to get replacement in a month's time. Otherwise, life is as usual, busy with kids at home, rosaries at BEC members houses nightly for the whole week and some weekend activities with familiy members. Haven't been following much on what's on the news lately. Now let's take some time to look at what's happening. I heard about the budget (that makes no difference to me) and the 100 storey building. There is also some movement in facebook against it but frankly, I do not have a strong stand on the matter. Do we really need another sky scrapper in KL? The mega project would be a windfall for a few (already rich) people awarded the project and probably help 15,000 foreign workers get jobs constructing the building. To me and the general public, there is no benefit. Maybe someone might say it is national pride, well, I say BS. So I don't have a strong stand on this, with or without, makes absolutely no difference.


Then there are the 2 by-elections which I am not following. I have a feeling BN will bag both if not at least one of them. Also there has been talk about the general election coming soon. As a lone citizen, as much as I want things to improve, but what can I do? All I can do is to exercise my rights at the polls to pick whom I think is less corrupt, more just and fair. I urge all to do the same, exercise your rights at polling time. The worst thing anyone can do is to not make your one vote count. If you have not register yourself, please do so at the nearest Postal Office.

Also there is the Anwar's ridiculous trail and TBH's never ending inquest. I find it funnily sad that we are still trying to find out if TBH killed himself or was killed, for more than a year now. If TBH was found to have been murdered, what's next? All evidence would have disappeared by now, so how will there be any prosecution on the murderer/s?

Natural disasters are happening in Indonesia, tsunami and volcano erupting. We can only pray for the victims and their families. Then we have murders happening everywhere, just a few days ago, there was news on a murder by gunshot near where I stay. Also heard about the skeletal remains found near Broga Hill, which I think was related to the high profile murder of the business woman. 2 days ago, a well meaning friend sent an email complete with pictures of a murdered child in her uniform. This little girl went missing on her way to take her UPSR exam recently and was found brutally murdered. It was really heart wrenching to see the pictures, I couldn't bring myself to see all the pictures attached. I deleted the email but what I did see already made me distraught. I cannot imagine what her parents would have felt. There is absolutely no comprehendable reason for a child to be killed in this manner. I was sad the whole day, that is why I always try to avoid sad stories like these but at the same time, I feel like ignorance is not bliss. I feel guilty living in this nice little bubble when the real world out there is so cruel and sad. Why? Is there a reason behind all the bad things that are happening? Some to innocent beings? These are questions that probably have no real answers. I will leave that as it is for now and save all the sad thoughts for another day.

No comments: