Sunday, October 3, 2010

Get moving or...

I can see hectic few months ahead. One of my colleague has found greener pastures and I am happy for her. But as the new semester just started, the busiest time of the year, it will be hard to handle without the much needed help. Looking for replacement is really not that easy, especially a suitable one. I anticipate 2 months at least without a replacement. But that's life, sometimes things happen and they are not within our control, we just need to try our best.


Since I am at the topic of work, I wonder if it is an occupation hazard to sit in front of a PC all day. My neck aches so often since these last 2 years. Sleeping has become a chore for me as I need to find a suitable position to rest my neck and head. I didn't do a good job last night, so today I woke up with a stiff neck, again! My hubby is scaring me, saying it could be the onset of some dreaded illness but I think it just comes with my job. I sit in front of a PC all day and also I do no physical activity. I blame my hubby for the second, I used to play tennis regularly with my ex-colleagues in my previous work place but ever since I met my hubby, these activities just gradually diminished.

Instead, together we grew sideways together. What do you expect since our favourite past times were the likes of eating toasted cuttlefish with mayonaise. That is the problem with me and my hubby, we are too much a like. So much so that we allowed our laziness to seep into our bones. Physical activities is totally absent from our daily routines. That's why I have stiff neck so often and my hubby needs to watch his cholesterol.


We know so well we need to change our lifestyle but we have no motivation and no determination or will power. If one of us is an exercise freak, the other would be dragged out of his/her heavy butt to at least maintain some form of routine exercise. But as it is, we are too much alike, 2 fat lazy bumps that are getting fatter and lazier.

Can we change? Can we start getting our bodies in better shape? Can we eat healthier? Hubby, if you are reading, we have no choice! I hope we can motivate each other to change gradually. We need to if we want to last till our kids can fend for themselves.

No comments: