Friday, October 15, 2010

Adam so Rocked Putra Indoor Stadium

It's no secret (and I made no secret about it) that I am an Adam Lambert fan. Ever since his American Idol audition I have been following all his development. And when I found out he was coming to KL, I was amongst the 1st to book 2 seats.

The day was finally here, hubby and I made arrangements to have the kids taken care of at the in-laws for the evening. We came home quickly after work and after a quick shower and a quick bite, we were off to Bukit Jalil. With help from Google Map, we made our way and was there at 7 plus pm. There was a good crowd outside, we saw people of all ages. I told my hubby that thank goodness we were not the oldies because we saw plenty of ladies and uncles in their sixties coming to the show. Show supposed to start at 8pm but as expected there was a lot of waiting. One thing we noted, it was not a full house, I think it's because there was not much promos going on. I suspect it's because the organisers were afraid too much hype may cause too much attention from the conservatives and may lead to cancellation. Still it was 3/4 full, I read there was like over 10,000 people. That's alot! With 2 short opening acts, we continue to wait until 9+pm when Adam and his band came on stage. And it was a start of an amazing show!

Every song was done to perfection, he was AMAZING, his vocals is incomparable with anyone on earth (I am a little biased for Adam, can't blame me)! We were blown away, he hit notes so high that almost reached the sky. I remembered I was so awed by the lead singer of Scorpion when they came to Sunway Langoon upteem years ago. That aged little man had lungs of steel. But Adam, he so rocked us in KL. Plus he is so sexy and hot looking and only 28. And he was doing it so effortlessly, with style and persona. 90 mins of great music from the fantastic band and perfect vocals from Adam (but not so perfect venue, would be better if it was an auditorium). Only regret was I didn't get better spot in the house, he was so far from us :(. Next time, I will spend whatever to get as close to the stage as possible. Adam, cannot wait to see you live again!!

p.s. I finally got hold of his album (Tour Edition, that's the cover up there!) at the Sony Music booth, last night. Which included a free poster of Adam. Now where shall I pin him up! Geez, feel like a teenager again!

No comments: