Friday, July 16, 2010

Sawadee Ka

I called my sis early in the week and asked if she still wanted to make a trip to somewhere. We had planned to take a trip in May/June but my mum changed her mind so it was cancelled. Anyways, I still wanted to go somewhere and my sis said she shared the same thought. So in a span of 3 or 4 days we sort everything out. We asked mum and thought she will say no, at first she did say 'No' when we said we wanted to go Taiwan. Later when we asked if she would be interested to go to Thailand, she said yes. So as not to allow her time to change her mind, I quickly booked (& paid) for AirAsia tickets online and the destination is Chiang Mai. It will be mum, sis and I and it will be end of this month, very quick indeed. The main reason we chose Chiang Mai is because we expect it to be cooler than most other destinations in SEA, since it's summer now.

This is also the first time I am flying AirAsia but the flight is only about an hour, so there is no need for any luxury on the plane. We are planning to do some hardcore shopping in Thailand, I need to get a bigger bag to fill with those stuff. I am not a big shopper but my sis is helluva one so I expect she might need my baggage space for her stuff :). Well what are sisters for, if not to help with carrying another's shopping loot, right?
Special thanks to my hubby for being ever supportive. I promise I won't make a habit of travelling without the kids and you. Maybe just 2 or 3 times in a year only. In return you can go have football watching sessions with your kakis a few times a year! Just kidding, dear hubby, you can go as often as you like, as long as the kids have all gone to bed!

No comments: