Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cotton

Last Saturday, I took my 2 sons to watch Karate Kid. We wanted to see Toy Story 3 but because a the time, the only available was in 3D at a much more expensive charge, I convinced the kids to go for Karate Kid instead. It was a good choice, the movie is good and I enjoyed it. After the show, we met the lady to pick up the puppy and we paid the amount due to her by the roadside of Jusco Balakong and got our puppy home.

She is a white lab/golden retriever mixed and her name is Cotton. Cotton because she is soft and fluffy. She is a pretty little white thing and extremely playful. In the past week, we sort of established a routine for her feeding and toilet business timings. It was pretty rough for the 1st few days and she was barking constantly but now she seems to be able to go through the night without any barking. We still have to clean up a lot of poop and pee but I hope as she grows older, we can train her better. She is too young at the moment.

Now I am looking for a vet nearby and also finding out how I can get a dog license. I didn't want to go to the local council without getting all the necessary documents so I tried to call the council office and did research on online but to no avail. The council phone is never answered and the was little info on it on the net. Apparently, different local councils have different rules about dog licensing. This mean that I will need to find out in our local council when I am on leave next week.

My second son likes the puppy very much but he is also afraid of it. Cotton likes to lick and nibble our feet and my children are all so afraid of that. I think they need to familiarise with each other more. I have taken some pics of Cotton but I am too busy these few days to even download it from my camera.

No comments: