Tuesday, July 3, 2012

This is life

The Bak Chang making was sort of a success with some small mishaps of a few loosen Changs in the pot. I have some ingredients left over, so I would be making some again within these few weeks. Next, I will be trying my hands on rice wine making for my sister who will be delivering a baby in August or September. More on that soon.

We are renovating the office at work so we have temporarily moved to the computer room next to our office. It will be another 4 to 6 weeks before the office is ready. Meanwhile, we are all seated in the open space, feels like we are in a Japanese manufacturing company:).

I am still waiting for the maid's arrival, so now it is a bit of a rush for me in the morning to get the 4 kids ready for their day. My sons have to go to day care in the morning and the center will send them to school in the afternoon. My daughter goes to kindy and stays back after that until the evening when I pick her up. My baby goes to her grandma for now. When my mum stays with us, it's much better, since I do not have to bring the baby to a different place plus she will prepare breakfast for the kids.

I have been reading recently about babies dying because of negligent childcare centers and it is really scary to hear. I can really feel for working mothers whom have to send their babies to centers or babysitters, we are left with very little choice. Even when we have maids, we would still be worried if our kids, especially babies, are well take care of in our absence. I am planning to put a IP webcam in my living room so that I can see the house from work and keep an eye on my baby while she is with the maid. We are still looking for the most suitable model, one of them is iBaby which works with iPhone and supports 2 way communication. We are expecting the maid in end of August so we are still have a bit of time to do so.
iBaby which works with iPhone.

No comments: