Monday, May 30, 2011

Still here?

It's 6am and I have been up since 4.30am. Not being able to sleep after been woken up by my little girl because it's just too warm. I am sweating even when I am not doing anything! Malaysian weather is getting worse, isn't it?

So I have been up reading the online news, checking on my black glutinous dessert cooking in the slowcooker and thinking about several things. Oh yeah, also noticed that the home PC was infected by Spyware (must be the careless hubby or the clueless kids that allowed that to happen) and cleaned it up with Malwarebytes.

I was reading the letters published on MI about why people stayed in M'sia or migrated to other countries. Reflecting on this, I honestly think I have always have this in the back of my mind. If you asked me why I would consider migrating, I think my main reason is because of the weather. My second son, who is like me, sweats easily, always complains about the weather being too hot. My answer to him is, this is Malaysia mah!


And if you ask me again (Ok, I know no one asked me anything, it's me talking to myself on my own blog, because I can!), which country would you prefer, my answer is US of A! To live the American dream, to go watch David Letterman Show live, to sit in rock concerts of the super rock stars, to move anywhere in the US and find the place and weather most pleasing (I think Georgia is a good state to be). I never thought of anywhere else, although my hubby thinks South Africa has great weather and it looks like Australia is a preferred destiny for many others, at least it's just 7 hours plane journey away if we plan to come back often (compared to more than 24 hours for USA).

Now if you ask me (as if...) why I am still here? Mainly because I am not motivated enough to do anything serious about it. As the age progresses, the motivation and opportunities also become less. I guess I was/am not sure if that is what I really want for me and my family. The effort and struggles to look for and plan migrating a whole family, the kids, the finances, it's no easy task by any standards. Of course we are talking about legal migration and not "jump plane" (tiew fei kei). Then there are family ties. Starting life anew in a different continent is also daunting, with no other family members to depend on.

Well, other than the weather, many fellow Malaysian will complain about the politics, the government, the unfair policies, etc..But there are also the things that we are so used to and like. The food, the people, the places, etc.. Basically of the good, the bad and the ugly of Malaysia, SHE is the only country I know and call home, for now. (But honestly, I am not dispelling all notion of trading that for another country, who knows what the future holds.)


So it's no surprise when I always look for cooler places to go to for vacation. Cooler, but not freezing, mind you. Cause you know snow is good and fun for 1 day but not for months! But if cannot move to cooler countries, then move to Cameron Highland or Mount Kinabalu, can?

No comments: