Saturday, March 5, 2011

iPad 2 and Penang brighten my week

I came across several things that interest me this week. Firstly, iPad2 is coming out! So our plan to get an iPad is going to be KIVed for awhile. Might as well wait for the new one which is faster and lighter at the same price. I am quite happy with my iPhone4, so many apps and almost flawless touchscreen technology. From what I know and seen, iPad is just like a bigger iPhone, so I am pretty confident it will be a fine piece of device too. So a couple more months to wait for the 2nd generation iPad to come to our market. See Steve Job launching it below.


Next, the not-so-great matters. The RCI is ongoing on TBH. I follow it closely through Malaysian Insider tweeter. So far, it has been really discouraging to read. Looks like all the gonvernment experts are aligning their reasonings to basically wash the MACC and police off any responsibility on the matter. Unbelievable. Then thare is the DSAI's trial which is again depressing. Depressing because the reality in this country is that common sense and fairness seems non existence in some people. The more I read and follow on these matters, the more sad I feel.

But life is not all bleak. I read Patrick Teoh's blog and he was singing praises about Penang. How clean and how happy people there seems to be. He even called it a different country! With all the negative things we hear from the mainstream media, it's nice to get an alternative view about how the state is doing. Being in Selangor, I think that the state is doing ok, at least we are enjoying free water for awhile now. There should be more improvements to come and I do hope they get a chance to prove it beyond the next election. And maybe we can all 'migrate' to Penang then, only problem is that it is already pretty congested there.

No comments: