Friday, February 18, 2011

Organised Mess

A week has gone by in a blink of an eye. Probably because Tuesday was a public holiday. The kids have replacement for school on Saturday, I am glad. At least we have some peace and quiet for a few hours, :P.

Been pretty busy at work. Looks like anything that no one else like to handle falls onto me but I am ok with it. Overall, I still have the freedom to do things the way I like doing. So I am not complaining.


Apart from work, it is the usual chaos at home. The house is an organised mess. The clean laundry sits on the sofa until I have time to fold them up. The kids books are stack haphazardly in the bookcase. Shoes are stack up into a little hill on top of the shoe rack. See the pix, we are not that bad, yet. I do try to get everything off the floor and give the floor a sweep before we go to bed. I am not praticularly housecleaning person, and it doesn't help if I am the only person doing the cleaning. Kids are still too young to really help. I will be glad if they can clean up their own toys and books. Hubby does help, occasionally. But I understand, he works till pretty late recently, so I don't push him too much. Hourly cleaners seems a good idea but that would also mean organising them to come in on the weekends for a few hours on a regular basis, but we are usually out on weekends. We do have a schedule for housework but keeping to it is another story. Guess for now, we will have to live with this and try to keep to schedule.
I am thinking of setting up some short term home improvement targets. The doors need a new coat of paint since we moved in 3 years ago! We even bought the paint but never got around dong it. The exterior of the house as well. Paint has been sitting in the store room for 3 years too. I think spending more time cleaning the house and doing some painting would be time better spent then going to Tesco every weekend. We'll see how this will come about. Not particularly pushy on these matters.

No comments: