Friday, April 9, 2010

Passive Income, I want...

Time for a weekly dose of my 'pretty much nothing'. Yesterday, I visited this interesting blog and read the article about financial planning for retirement. This is a timely article as I had been having nagging thoughts about planning for our retirement for awhile. The entry talks about passive income as opposed to saving an amount of money for retirement. I basically understand passive income as getting money while not working. Renting properties is one type of passive income and he also suggested REIT. I also know from MLM people that their scheme is a passive income too and can be so for a few generations! But I am not an MLM capable person, that's for sure. I will need to look for other avenues.

The blogger recommends 2 books to be read, both by Robert Kiyosaki, “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and “Cashflow Quadrant”. We have the 1st one but never finished it and don’t know where we put it. But I am determined to find it and finished it… before the end of the year!

I must admit, I am bad at finances but since my hubby is no better, we both have to work together on this no matter how much we dread it. I know it’s going to be of ultimate importance when we are too old to work anymore. We cannot rely on the hope that our kids can afford to take care of us financially. Gosh, I cringe thinking about this and I hope it’s not too late to start doing something about it. God help those who help themselves....

No comments: