Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Friday and Easter

Today I would like to post a sign that I find ironic and yet funny. This is from a chinese/taiwanese restaurant that has a sign that says Pork Free (and not Free Pork which is probably better). The ironic thing is, it has a picture of a Chef Piggy running away from something. How did the owner come up with that? Your guess is as good as mine! Incidentally, the shop seems to not be doing so well, it is closed most of the time I pass by it and I pass by it alot. I also have to confess, I never ventured into the shop before. Not because of the ironic sign but because I do not go into a restaurant where there aren't many patrons inside, that's a kaisu mentality. If no one eats there, chances are the things are not nice.

Meat is probably not apt for today's post since I am vegetarian today cause it's Friday. And it is also Good Friday, my hubby and I are off for the day. After a morning of running errands, we are resting with the kids at home while my eldest is in school. We will be attending mass in the evening where the congregation will be following the ritual of the stations of the cross to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. On Sunday we will celebrate Easter, celebration of the Resurrection of Christ. As a new Catholic family, we have done enough to observe the Lent season. I have got to be more committed and passionate about deepening my faith, Lord help me. To end this post, I recommend this beautiful song by Michael W. Smith entitled Above All, so beautiful that it brings me close to tears everytime I hear it. Have a blessed Easter!

No comments: