Friday, June 8, 2012

I am back...

It's been awhile since I updated my blog here. I have been really tied up with matters at home. Now that things have settled down and I am back at work, I can start my weekly rants again.

My new freezer looks like this.
This week, I bought a new Mistral upright freezer. The purpose? To store my expressed breast milk (EBM). My existing freezer is filled up already :(. When I moved them from the freezer in my existing fridge to the newly bought freezer, they already occupied tray 2 and tray 3. Darn, should have bought the bigger one. But anyhow, I need to make this new freezer work for me since I already spent RM900 on it :(. I have been storing my EBM in disposable plastic containers but they fill up the freezer very quickly. Today I bought those 'Aiskrim Malaysia' plastic bags and going to use them instead. After all my research online, I think this will be the best and most economical option. Saves space and money. I still have one more month before baby can start feeding on my EBM after her operation, so the stock will be piling up.

Since this was taken, it got even more packed in my existing fridge.
At work, I am back to the normal routine. And, as always, the best part of the day is my lunchtime with my colleagues. We spend this time enjoying nice food and joke with one another. We are also planing a durian feast next Monday at Broga. Haven't had any for a long while and since they are back in season, what are we waiting for?!

This weekend, we have loads to do. Need to clear out the small room downstairs to make room for live-in (foreign) domestic helper, expected to arrive in August. I also want to shop for beds for my daughters and decorate their little room upstairs. Plus my mum is coming by bus on Sunday to stay for a week with us to help us care for my little baby. Mum and MIL are (alternately) helping us with the baby until the helper arrives, still a few more months to go, so sorry to trouble them both but have no choice :(.

Lots of things happening and changing for us but we will make everything work.

No comments: