Friday, November 25, 2011

Singapura, Oh Singapura....

The date has finally arrived. After a few weeks of planning, we are finally going to board the midnight train to Georgia... oops, I mean Singapore. Passports for my hubby and daughter were done about 2 weeks ago (mine is still alive), train tickets and hotel booked last week. Now I need to go back from work to pack some clothes before we set off to the train station later tonight. My sons will be taken care of by their por por for the weekend at my house, which is good because por por can also help feed my dog and tortoise.

My colleague was surprised that I am going without my sons but I think I have no choice. To drag 3 kids along will be torture, to their mother :P. Anyways, the boys will have a week stay at their Grandma in my hometown which they are so looking forward to, so they kind of agreed to be left behind this time. I think moving forward, when we go travel, we will take the kids in turn. This will

I made some itinerary for our visit but I am not sure if it will be practical. Also I have to slot in some ladies' time with all my old friends who have settled in Singapore. So probably I should be less ambitious and just go with the flow. Anyways, Singapore isn't that far away, we could always come back another time if we want to go touring. This time is about my good friend's wedding and meeting all the ladies whom I might not have seen for many many years. Really looking forward to meet them and learn about their lives there.For the record, the last time I was in Singapore was for a week's training, I think 6 years ago.

We have also been thinking of how light to pack because, there will be some time we have to drag our luggage along because our train home departs late at night on Sunday. And we are thinking that maybe we can get new clothes from there as I heard the clothes are nice and cheap there. I am planning to shop a bit too, since things available may be unavailable here. I have done some pre-tour study of the MRT route, the interesting places and I think we will do fine.  So Singapore, ready or not, we are coming!

No comments: