Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Activities

Birthday Boy with his cake.
Pretty standard week for me except on Friday night I took some timeout and went to meet my friends. It has been a long while since I met them. So the hubby (reluctantly) took care of all the kids while my friends and I chat until wee hours in the morning at one of their homes. It was great to be get a short break from the usual routine and chat about many many things, from politics to investments and from kids education to migration. I reached home at about 4.30am that morning, and got about 3 hours of sleep.

On Saturday, my brother's family and my mum came to visit and I made roast chicken, boiled potatoes and salad for lunch for them. The kids' cousins were here too, so the kids had fun playing computer games, iPad2 games and the regular masak-masak toys (for the girls). It was also my 2nd boy's birthday, so we took the in-laws, including the sister and brother-in-laws to Yip Seng near my house for chinese dinner. After that we had a small birthday cake for my boy who is officially 7. His brother's 8th birthday will be in about 2 weeks time.

On the same day we made appointment with the vet to perform spaying on my dog. So the poor bitch went under the knife. I had no choice, I don't want to disturb the whole neighbourhood again when she is on heat next (which is every 6 months). All the stray male dogs will stalk my house, making a din with the neighbours' dogs barking nonstop into the middle of the night. My hubby couldn't get a good night's sleep for a week, and I can just imagine how the neighbours must have hated us. Those stupid strays also broke my flower pots which were placed outside of the gate, :(. So my poor dog is recovering now from her operation, the vet said it will take about 10 days. The 1st day when she came back, she didn't want to eat but she was eating again the next day. We think maybe she knows something is different and something is missing in her. Oh, it hurts us to have to do this but we have to be responsible pet owners. We are sorry, Cotton :(.


On Sunday, after church, we rested at home. Cooked a nice dinner with dishes like Kimchi Dubu/tofu, stir-fried leek, radish soup, etc. After dinner, I took out my sewing machine after dinner to start work on making pyjamas for the boys. I like buying nice pieces of cloth when I see them but making time to work on them is a difficult task in itself. Hopefully I will be able to complete them soon.
Radish Soup which hubby made with slow-cooker. Miss it already!


Kimchi Dubu, loved t!

No comments: