Thursday, August 25, 2011

Long Raya Break

The Raya is just around the corner. I would like to wish all  my muslims friends Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir and Batin.

 Yesterday, my eldest turned 8. On the same day I met with his English teacher who complianed of his horrible writing and absent-minded attitude although he is smart. This is the first time I have to go meet a teacher to hear complaints about my children. Felt like I was reprimanded for not doing enough, :(. Anyways, I told the teacher I will check his homework more often and make sure he does not tear pages off his exercise books. Teacher even encourage the use of the cane! I am already a very strict parent when I take time to look into his work but maybe I don't do that often enough. Anyways, Happy Birthday boy and please buck up.

8 years old today!

Our plan to Penang next week will be more fun now since my brother and his family will join us together with my mother. Now I am trying to draw up a schedule since we will be travelling in 2 cars. I am thinking about travelling very early in the morning and stop for breakfast in Ipoh before proceeding to Penang. Hopefully the traffic will not be too bad. Will write more about our trip next week.

No comments: