Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Single Days

This week, I met a few new people at an external training. Amongst them are 2 single ladies and I can't help but think about the times when I was single. Kind of miss it. I have some old classmates who are still single and I would presume living their lives to the full. They can travel easily and enjoy companies of friends at any hour of the day/night. They can go to pubs and chat their heart out. They can go for food hunting during weekends and have short trips to Penang or Singapore with minimal preparations.

I remember back in the days when I was single, I was also carefree. I had a few colleagues who were close to me in my old workplace and we would go out almost every night to cafes and pubs. Go hunting for good food every where and people watching at popular places like Bukit Bintang, etc.. During the weekends, we will plan some other activities, maybe a short adventure to nearby place, or go someone's house for some feasts. All of us were single and did not have much commitments (financial or otherwise) . We could afford spending money and time like that then. Those were the days...

Most of us have moved on to other companies, some have got married, some haven't but we have grown apart sadly. We also seldom keep in touch but I think that is probably my fault mostly, for not having the effort to do so. So if you guys are reading this, I want to tell you I thoroughly enjoyed your companies then and wished we could have stayed in touch. Just like my friends in school and university as well. There was a period of time we see each other almost everyday. Then there were also my online friends, whom I have spent countless hours chatting with behind the comfort and safety of my PC, most are long gone. Now, people keep in touch with Facebook.

But life is so. Things changes, people grow apart, new people come into the picture and new friendships and relationships take precedence. To people whom I had the privilege of forming friendships/relationships with in the past and present (and future), all you guys made my life interesting and colourful at one point of time, you all contributed to who I am or will be as a person, I really want to say thank you. And I hope I had done or will do the same (even a little only) for you.

Of course, I wouldn't change a thing about my life because it brought me here now. I have a family and three kids whom I love so dearly. They are the center of our lives but once in awhile, I am allowed to day dream about those single days, right?

No comments: