Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ted Williams Blew Me Away

Happy new year and wishing all a great 2011. At the start of the new year, we are greeted with the 'open verdict' outcome of the lenghty Inquest on TBH's death. I was not even particularly interested to read up what was written about it on the papers and online portals. I didn't know why until I read this article on Malaysian Insider which depicts the feeling of hopelessness that I have about our country. I feel exactly like what is said by the author in this article, "I felt nothing because I have come to expect little of the country’s institutions. " It is a bad and dangerous feeling to have.

Even when I am busy with the start of the kids' new schooling, I am still affected by the fundamental problems that our country has. Even when I am worrying about my crying princess in her new kindy and my red-eyed son in his new school, I am still affected by the predictament of my country. But I am saddened that not everybody sees the problem or is concerned.

At a time like this, by chance (or by design of the Almighty), my eye caught an article that changed my mood entirely. It is not often that we hear about inspiring stories that gives us a positive feeling and hope. Remember the Susan Boyle story, now we have a male Susan Boyle by the name of Ted Williams from Ohio, USA. See the video below and get blown over, like me, with his God given voice!


I sincerely hope he gets the chance he is desperately needing and change his life around. If you listen to other interviews with him on youtube, you will find him such a pleasant and God-loving man. A far cry from his down period, I woud think. God works in mysterious ways.

Glory to God in the highest. Amen

No comments: