Friday, October 14, 2011

Angry Who?

My eldest son has been asking me if his Angry Birds bed sheet is done yet. We went shopping some months ago and saw this Angry Birds motif cloth that both my son were excited about. I had to buy it! But after buying it, the cloth sat in the plastic bag near my sewing machine for months! I finally started work on it a few weeks ago but it is still WIP. This is the first time I try making fitted bed sheets, so made a few miscalculation and it was too loose. So now am trying to rework to make it fit better. So boys, be a little more patient, will get them sewn up soon, mummy promise!

Angry Birds, they are everywhere! On your phones, your iPad, on T-Shirts and bags. I can see them sold in supermarkets, pasar malam, pasar pagi, everywhere. The game is fun, I finished the free version ones but am too cheapskate to pay for upgrades, so I am done with Angry Birds games. But it will not be the same with other Angry Birds stuff like toys, puzzles, t-shirts, stationery, bed sheets etc. Some of them have already made their way into our home, ;). Not that I mind, they are pretty cute.

Apart from the bed sheets in progress, I still have plenty of cloths that I bought but never got around doing anything with them yet. Still pending some PJs and shorts for the boys and their dad. Even bought some pretty checked cloth that I planned to make into a pretty dress for my princess. But *sigh*, they are still packed away in a corner. When am I going to find the time (and the mood) for all that!

Oh, I think I totally forgot to mention about the Budget that our PM announced recently. How could I? Let me see, hmmmm, weeeeeeeeeell, errrrrrrrr..... There is nothing to talk about because none of the goodies are coming my way! Except maybe saving around RM30 for school fee per child, RM60 per year, big deal! Furthermore I do not see how the budget can help save our slowing economy or provide long term solutions to problems like inflation. Disappointing. Because of the impending election, there is a lot of handouts (but non for people like me) in this budget. But once the election is over, there will be GST and subsidy cuts! Oh well, spend and save wisely for rainy days.

No comments: