Friday, September 23, 2011

Undilah, Registerlah.

TGIF! A week flew by, just like that. We had a busy week at work as the new students start to come in. It will be the same for a few more weeks before they settle down into their routine. Really glad that we have and will have new colleagues joining us. I am relieved that I do not have to go through throngs of resumes again to pick out candidates for interviews.

On the home front, one kid was sick after another these past weeks, so had many visits to the clinics. Otherwise, it was as usual.

I recently burned a big hole in my pocket. I indulged in a very expensive branded bag. Probably won't happen again for a very long while after this. After getting it, it is sitting in my closet inside its' dustbag. I am still hesitant to use it. But since I already bought, I really should be using it. Feeling guilty about it, though.


Back to politics for a bit. I saw that matters regarding Hudud law is being played up again in the news. This is another sign of the General Election looming. As always, this is seen as the main source of discourse between parties in the opposition coalition. Personally, I think there is no point discussing about this when the opposition still remains as oppositions. So whatever is being reported  is just propaganda to stir up fear amongst the non-muslims, trying to make them afraid of PAS. I totally don't buy it, it is no big deal. There is a Chinese saying that goes something like this: the ship will be straight once it gets to the harbour, so what is the point of worrying about something that hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen for a very long time? I admit, I don't know enough about Hudud and how the implementation will affects non-muslims in the country but don't we have more pressing things to take care off? Like rampant corruption, abuse of power and human rights violation under our noses, just to name a few. So don't get too hype up about non-issues. First things first.

Don't forget to register to vote if you haven't and check your voting details on the SPR site if you have registered. So when polling day come, go out and UNDILAH, JANGAN TIDUR! For a better Malaysia! Cheers!

No comments: