Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday so soon....

It's Monday so soon.... Had another hectic weekend which also included an off day last Friday for Wesak day. It's going to be school holidays for 2 weeks starting next week and we have no plans yet on what activities to do with the kids. Probably a weekend day out to the Zoo or a picnic at the waterfall.

I have tested my new Nikkor AF-S VR 55-200 lens. Even with VR, I still have problem getting pictures which are sharp at the maximum zoom. But overall, I am still happy with the lens at the price I got it for. Still need lots more practise though. I haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera, will share when I do that.

Today, I also like to share with you a great and really hilarous site, Ask Sister Mary Martha. It's a site by a Catholic sister (in USA) who gives people advices on patron Saints. She is such a funny lady, makes mundane matters interesting. This is a must visit site for Catholics (and everyone else) who are looking for good 'fun' pages to visit in this vast and largely crazy cyber world.
Lately, the sermons by the Priests in our church touched on contributing time to church activities such as BEC, the various ministries, etc.. The priest when interviewing me after my conversion a few years back, did not insist about me getting involved in serving the church since he knew that I had young children to take of. However, I still feel that we (meaning my hubby and I) should do more. We do try to join most of the BEC activities. I even offered my help to the website committee for the church but looks like there isn't much to do. I do hope with the kids growing up, I can afford more time and effort to contribute to other church ministries in a few more years' time. I will certainly keep my antenna up, scouting for areas where I can be of service.
Lastly, to end this post, I would like to relate back to my last post about Bad Malaysian Drivers. I am proud to say that I have consciously been stopping myself from cutting queues for the past weeks. I will persist....

No comments: